Senior Project Manager
Company: JE Dunn
Location: North Charleston
Posted on: November 14, 2023
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link Best People + Right
Culture . These are the driving forces behind JE Dunn's success. By
hiring inspired people , giving them interesting and challenging
work , enabling them with innovative tools , and letting them share
in the company's rewards , we've found a sustainable way to grow in
our industry for the last 95+ years. Our diverse teams around the
country strive to enrich lives through inspired people and places
every day, and we need inspired people like you to join us in our
pursuit of building perfection. Role SummaryThe Senior Project
Manager will provide overall direction and leadership, and owns
project outcomes for significantly complex projects and/or multiple
projects. This position will fully implement and manage the
operation, profitability and administration of projects. All
activities will be performed in support of the strategy, vision and
values of JE Dunn.
- Autonomy & Decision Making: Makes decisions within defined
limits of authority and consults senior management on other
decisions.Key Role Responsibilities - CorePROJECT MANAGEMENT FAMILY
- Leads all aspects of the company's safety culture and creates
awareness by demonstrating commitment to an injury-free environment
through individual actions and mentoring others. Investigates
safety incidents and retrains staff and needed.
- Manages the JE Dunn prestart checklist form.
- Supports the preconstruction team including quantity takeoff,
trade coordination and scope of work development, scope review, bid
package development, schedule development, bid list creation and
- Leads plan and implementation of buyout schedule. Verifies
pricing and scope, identifies successful bidders, provides gap
analysis against initial scope and manages issuance of
- Manages the submittal schedule setup. Coordinates priorities
with the team; reviews and approves all shop drawings and samples
prior to submittal to architects or engineers.
- Ensures approved submittals are returned to subcontractors and
available to project team per the project schedule and the
- Coordinates with Logistics to obtain pricing on materials and
- Confers with risk management to ensure approval and/or bonding
requirements for subcontractors. Reviews decisions with project
leader. Provides ongoing risk analysis of subcontractors throughout
- Coordinates the various stakeholders of the project including
but not limited to subcontractors, owner, field, design team,
vendors, etc. -
- Disseminates change requests to subcontractors for pricing and
schedule input. Gathers and evaluates subcontractor pricing to
confirm accuracy. -
- Prepares, submits and obtains owner/architect approval for
- Leads various meetings such as monthly project reviews,
progress meetings and OAC (Owner Architect) meetings.
- Completes monthly subcontractor and owner pay application
- Prepares project schedule with the Project Superintendent.
Gathers input from project team and utilizes Lean principles as
appropriate. Develops and updates project schedule for both
preconstruction and construction activities. Manages materials,
labor and procurement logs to ensure appropriate resources are
available to meet the project schedule.
- Identifies potential schedule impacts including scope, weather,
manpower and changes, and facilitates mitigation plans for these
- Provides appropriate written documentation for decisions
affecting various aspects of the project such as budget, schedule,
legal, quality, and/or safety. Employs current best practices for
- Provides a variety of regular reporting and analysis to project
team(s) to communicate overall project status and
- Prepares monthly cost and margin forecast with input from
superintendent and reviews with the project team. Participates in
the development of the project budget. Regularly reviews costs
relative to the budget, and highlights discrepancies to enable
improved financial performance.
- Leads overall project closeout process using best practice
standards, tools and processes such as the close-out punch list,
financials, sub contracts, warranties, etc. -
- Interfaces with region/company legal counsel as appropriate.Key
Role Responsibilities - Additional CoreSENIOR PROJECT MANAGERIn
addition, this position will be responsible for the following:
- Leads and participates in all aspects of the project-specific
safety plan and creates a culture of safety awareness by
demonstrating commitment to an injury free environment through
individual actions and mentoring others. Investigates safety
incidents and retrains staff as needed.
- Understands the preconstruction process from conceptual phase
through GMP development.
- Completes estimating and productivity analysis.
- Leads or provides support to senior management for
preconstruction discussions with clients.
- Oversees project team during development of preconstruction
- Identifies, understands and actively manages project
- Assists with the development and management of the project
business plan in order to maximize financial success.
- Implements and manages components of the operation and
administration of complex and/or multiple construction
- Utilizes awareness, experience and knowledge to identify
problems and recommends solutions for review and implementation by
- Manages deliverables provided by a variety of internal
resources and functions such as IPS, logistics, self-perform,
- Engages in business, industry and community activities to build
and strengthen external relationships.
- Reviews and approves expense reports.
- Negotiates project issues including change orders, contingency
expenditures and appropriate fee enhancements.
- Completes scope review and bid analysis, including award of
- Collaborates with marketing team on related presentations and
- Leads, supports and promotes a culture of diversity and
inclusion within JE Dunn. Understands JE Dunn's policy of
non-discrimination and ensures positive, proactive implementation
throughout the organization.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a
- Communication skills, verbal and written (Advanced).
- Ability to conduct effective presentations (Advanced).
- Proficiency in MS Office (Intermediate).
- Ability to apply fundamentals of the means and methods of
construction management to projects.
- Thorough knowledge of project processes and how each supports
the successful completion of a project. -
- Ability to build relationships with team members that transcend
- Proficiency in project management and accounting software such
as CMiC (Intermediate).
- Proficiency in required construction technology
- Proficiency in scheduling software (Intermediate).
- Proficiency in BIM (Building Information Modeling)
- Ability to apply Lean process and philosophy
- Ability to manage budgets, maximize profitability and generate
future work through building relationships (Intermediate).
- Ability to construct a project from start to finish.
- Ability to prepare the project budget, GMP or hard bid.
- Ability to complete range estimates.
- Ability to assist Marketing team with presentation and
- Ability to develop and manage a project team.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team,
internally and externally.Education
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering or
- In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant
experience will be considered.Experience
- 10+ years construction management experience.
- Valid and unrestricted drivers license required
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
- May require periods of travel and/or relocation
- Must be willing to work non-traditional hours to meet project
- May be exposed to extreme conditions (hot or cold)
- Assignment location may include project sites and/or in the
- Frequent activity: Sitting, Viewing Computer Screen
- Occasional activity: Standing, Walking, Bending, Climbing,
Reaching above Shoulder, Pushing, PullingAt JE Dunn, our approach
to benefits means caring for the whole person, and it begins with a
comprehensive benefits program that meets families' needs. We offer
competitive and award-winning benefit packages including medical,
dental, vision, 401(K) and Employee Stock Ownership Plan.JE Dunn
Construction is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity
to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability,
pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected
category. JE Dunn Construction is a background screening, drug-free
workplace.JE Dunn provides reasonable accommodations to qualified
individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a
reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please submit
your request to -firstname.lastname@example.org JE Dunn Construction
Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or
agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of JE Dunn
Construction without a prior written search agreement will be
considered unsolicited and the property of JE Dunn Construction
Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.Why People Work HereAt JE
Dunn we offer our employees an inspired place to enrich their life
and the lives of those around themBuilding on our rich history, our
employee owners are shaping the future of JE Dunn. In our
team-focused environment we do life together and are generously
rewarded for our effortsAbout JE DunnFor more information on who we
are, click here. JE Dunn participates in the Electronic Employment
Eligibility Verification Program.
Nearest Major Market: Charleston South Carolina
Nearest Secondary Market: South Carolina
Keywords: JE Dunn, Summerville , Senior Project Manager, Accounting, Auditing , North Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!