Company: Sportsman Boats
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Sportsman Boats, a premier center console boat manufacturer
located off the coast of beautiful Charleston, SC, is looking for a
Manufacturing Engineer with 5 to 10 years' demonstrated experience
in the boat manufacturing industry. This is a newly created, high
visibility position providing opportunity for input and creativity.
If you like challenges, want to make a sustainable difference and
share your experiences, this is the job for you! We are looking for
a leader who is positive, confident and comfortable leading,
sharing ideas, and solving problems.
Why Sportsman Boats?
- Sportsman is a privately owned family business that promotes
employee growth and success. Our owners give back through employee
bonuses, great benefits, and positive work environment.
- We have great dealers, great customers, and amazing
- Employees feel appreciated! We have created a culture of hard
work, pride, appreciation, personal development, accountability,
- You will have the opportunity to work with the best in the
business - over 150 years of marine experience in the leadership
- Our reputation! 4 consecutive NMMA CSI awards, 2
- Our core values are *Family * Integrity * Commitment *
Innovation * Professionalism
What you will do:
- Reporting to the manager of Engineering, provide leadership,
mentoring, and direction to the assembly team members to maintain
the integrity of the assembly line.
- Evaluate, resolve, implement, and continuously improve
processes, speed, and quality of the fixed length assembly line to
improve roll times.
- Provide a managed work environment that openly promotes
creativity, innovation, brainstorming, and individualism with
ensuring alignment with company and process improvements.
- Evaluate the most efficient tools for the job; then facilitate
the use and storage of these tools.
- Evaluate parts and procedures on designs introduced in
- Assist with resolution of any engineering issues that have the
potential to interrupt production delivery schedules.
- Prepare and submit engineering change requests / notices, and
deviations for technical problem resolutions.
- Provide technical support / project management as assigned on
engineering special projects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. Requirements:
- You have to be able to kill it from day one!! Okay, day two.
Come impress us!!!
- Bachelor's degree in manufacturing or mechanical
- Minimum 5 - 10 years' experience working with marine
manufacturing-based technology, processes, and principles
- Knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling,
- Hands on manufacturing experience for industrial equipment and
familiarity with both traditional and advanced manufacturing
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, 5s, Six Sigma
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong team player with the ability to develop effective
relationships with all business stakeholders
- Strong time and project management skills; highly organized
with the ability to prioritize multiple duties
- Ability to lead, influence and motivate a team
- Ability to work and facilitate within a high pressure,
fast-paced working environment
- Works well under pressure and able to remain calm in difficult
- Wants to build amazing boats and have fun along the way!!!
Apply today online at or send your resume to
Come on, apply today. I promise, you will be glad you did.
Keywords: Sportsman Boats, Summerville , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Summerville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!