Meter Technician (Sign on bonus - $2,500) - 6100211
Company: Utility Partners of America, LLC
Posted on: January 15, 2022
* Sign on bonus of $2,500* *Sign on bonus of $2,500* *Sign on
bonus of $2,500*Company BackgroundUtility Partners of America (UPA)
is a utility contractor offering a full suite of services to the
utility sector nationwide. UPA was founded in 1997 and currently
employs more than 1,000 full-time service men and women serving
utilities across the country. UPA prides itself on excellence in
operations, safe work practices, quality control, customer service
and schedule management that maximizes customer satisfaction.SMART,
RELIABLE, UTILITY SOLUTIONS-Job Description - Meter
TechnicianUtility Partners of America (UPA), a full-service utility
contractor is seeking highly motivated and safety- conscious
individuals to join its team as a Meter Technician in the
Charleston, SC area. This is a great opportunity to learn a trade
and join a growing company with full benefits. Benefits include
paid training, company phone, and company vehicle.REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to lift to 40lbs.; able to walk long
- Must be able to work with handheld electronic devices; able to
work outdoors and withstand the regional seasonal weather.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work; and able to
maintain consistent attendance on required workdays.
- Must have strong communications skills, verbal and
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work alone 90% of
the time while still being part of a local team
- Possess and use electrical knowledge, and electrical safety
techniques in all aspects of work.
- Repair or maintain the basic condition of equipment including
inspection, assembly, disassembly, and replacement as
- Proficient in the use of basic hand tools, power tools,
volt/ohm/amp meters and other electrical diagnostic equipment as
may be necessary.
- Must pass employment background, drug screen and remain drug
free, have a clean driver's license.
- Follow standard operating procedures and company
- Safely and efficiently upgrade utility meters
- Follow standard operating procedures and company policies
- Read utility meters and record information accurately
- Communicate with utility customers effectively
- Drive company supplied work vehicle safely
- Receive and return utility meters, tools, equipment, and
- Paid training, Uniforms, and Tools provided.
- Vehicle and Phone provided for working hour use.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans offered.
- Hiring bonus after 90 days of employment.Job Type:
Full-timePay: $16.00 - $18.00 per hourDisclosure effective
11/8/2021 - In order to receive the sign on bonus, a Signing Bonus
Agreement must be signed, on or about the first week of employment
with UPA. Details of the sign on bonus will be discussed at the
time of signing. Previous UPA employees are not eligible to
participate in this promotion.**UPA employees working for utilities
are considered "Essential Workers" and typically do not experience
downtime due to COVID-19.**
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- US work authorization (Required)
Keywords: Utility Partners of America, LLC, Summerville , Meter Technician (Sign on bonus - $2,500) - 6100211, Engineering , Summerville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!