Company: Bevara Building Services
Posted on: June 14, 2022
Job DescriptionAbout BevaraAt Bevara, we are completely focused
on giving our team members the tools and support needed to achieve
their professional goals. We have an incredibly dynamic and
interactive team-focused culture. Bevara encourages a healthy
work-life balance, and we're proud to say we work hard and play
hard!About the PositionWe are seeking passionate people to join our
growing and dynamic maintenance team in Summerville, SC! Our
Building Engineers are customer service representatives for our
clients and their tenants. They also focus in on any and all
maintenance needs for the properties that they oversee. This
position's primary responsibility is to safeguard the interests of
the owners and safety of the tenants by maintaining the physical
condition of the property and equipment according to company
guidelines and standards, as well as protect the property and
equipment from damage, loss, and deterioration. The ideal candidate
has a go-getter attitude, is a self-motivated team player, and a
true jack of all trades.Responsibilities:
- First point of contact and representative of management, as
well as ownership, the candidate should have strong customer
service and communication skills.
- Conduct routine assessments of the building systems
- Responsible for minor repairs, preventative maintenance, and
service requests on building equipment, tenant spaces, and
components located in the interior and exterior of the
- Oversee the property's mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and
fire systems; report deficiencies to Operations team and Property
- Respond to tenant requests in the areas of safety, plumbing,
mechanical, electrical, and environmental needs through both
personal contact and work order systems.
- Be pro-active with the buildings and create/maintain an ongoing
task list of potential work for the property management group.
- Follow and assist in the creation of additional standard
operating procedures (SOP's) as needed.
- Maintain great communication with the Operations Support staff
and Property Managers.
- Be the main point of contact for vendors on assigned
properties. Building Engineers will be in charge of checking
vendors in/out, escorting them to area of assigned work, and taking
thorough notes of work performed.
- Assist with fire panel and fire extinguisher inspections. Make
sure to notify tenants when inspections are planned.
- Miscellaneous tasks such as garbage removal and exterior lock
- Enforce a safe jobsite and maintain compliance with company
safety, OSHA, and customer-specific safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned.Requirements:
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence
- A minimum of 3-5 years commercial building operations and
engineering experience preferred
- Ability to handle multiple projects and make decisions
- Proficiency in working with hand held devices (smartphones) and
electronic work order systems
- Must possess strong organizational skills and motivation to get
the job done well
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced and dynamic
environmentAbout Bevara's Benefits
- Full range of health benefits offered- medical, dental, vision,
long and short-term disability
- Roth and traditional 401K retirement plans offered
- Company provided life insurance plan
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Paid holidays
- Educational assistanceBevara Building Services provides equal
employment to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment
will be discriminated against because of race, creed, origin,
marital status, sexual orientation, age, otherwise qualified
disabled or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: Bevara Building Services, Summerville , Building Engineer, Engineering , Summerville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!