Posted on: November 10, 2018
A Controls Engineer job in Charleston, SC is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will be responsible for the execution of PLC maintenance functions (driver) and technical management of maintenance in order to optimize the availability and cost control of the production assets. To be considered for this role, you will have a Bachelor---s degree in Electrical or Mechatronic Engineering or related discipline, five or more years of experience supporting hardware and software of industrial controls. Experience with Siemens controls is preferred. This is a very visible, direct hire opportunity with a growing company and has excellent upward mobility.
Controls Engineer Job duties:
- Troubleshoot and repair PLC, and Control Circuits, VFDs, and Motors/Wiring configurations. Electrical Schematics and Preventive / Predictive maintenance.
- Develop, maintain and improve PLC standards within the Maintenance Department to remove variability and thus create stability for the team, providing greater opportunity to achieve targets.
- Work proactively with cross-functional teams in order to understand the impact on the production flow, continually focusing on reducing bottlenecks, minimizing losses in order to maintain a high level of stability, flow and as a result cost control.
- Provide technical guidance/training and leadership to supervisors/technicians and operator maintenance on issues related to PLCs.
- Coach the Maintenance Technician Specialists. Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical or Mechatronic Engineering.
- Five or more years of experience working with industrial controls hardware, firmware, and software.
- Must have experience debugging, troubleshooting, and commissioning industrial controls in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to train, coach, and lead others in the area of controls.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required as the candidate will be working cross-functional with many different teams If you are interested in this Controls Engineer job in Charleston, SC, please apply via the ---apply now--- link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services---from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
Keywords: Belcan, Summerville , Controls Engineer, Engineering , Summerville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!