Posted on: February 11, 2019
Job Requirements RESPONSIBILITIES: (The incumbent must be able to perform the following essential functions, with or without accommodation.)
- Operate, repair and maintain the following:
- Building electrical, mechanical, and structural equipment and systems.
- Production equipment
- Material handling equipment
- Dust collectors
- Electrical controls, programmable systems
- Experience in preventive maintenance
- Use power and hand tools to perform a variety of tasks including machine repair, pipe fitting, electrical, electronic, and maintenance. Capable to run fork-lift.
- Lubrication Basics
- Review and complete work order assignments.
- Respond to verbal or written work assignments from Maintenance Supervisor, or other personnel as required during back shift/weekend coverage.
- Inform supervisor of work in progress.
- Independently observe, report, and correct facility and equipment discrepancies.
- Checks for safety hazards, takes corrective action to eliminate safety hazards.
- Maintain applicable logs, records, equipment history folders, and equipment operation and maintenance manuals in an accurate and comprehensive manner.
- Perform any necessary task or assignment needed to ensure consistent service.
- Successfully complete training assignments.
- This job can require emergency call INS and weekend availability.DESIRED EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS:Mechanical Skills:
- Laser alignment
- Bearing replacement
- Able to understand technical specification with respect to equipment installation and operation. Clearance checks, interference fits, lubrication, torque requirements.
- Welding, cutting, rigging
- Material handling, operation, and trouble shooting.
- Pipe fitting
- Lubrication basics
- Vibration basicsElectrical Skills:Able to troubleshoot 110,220 and 440 voltage
- Able to troubleshoot 110,220 and 440 voltage
- May perform a variety of electrical/mechanical test to determine exact cause of issues.
- Make necessary electrical installations and/or repairs.Education: High School Diploma or general education degree with trades concentration.Experience: 5+ years relevant experience in manufacturing maintenance or industrial technology role Experience with equipment repair, 3 phase electrical system and controls, hydraulic systems, welding, pipe fitting and instrumentation. Additional Skills and Abilities
- Background in PLC system is a plus.
- Experience with equipment repair
- Experience with 3 phase electrical system and controls, hydraulic systems, welding, pipe fitting and instrumentation.
- High standard of accuracy and precision, highly organized.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated team player with a track record of working independently and cross-functionally
- Able to work in a fast pace environment.The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; kneel, bend and stoop; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance on ladder or stairs. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds or more. Must be able to work in extreme heat and excess noise.Salary Negotiable. Full benefits package to include 401k with employer safe harbor matching, medical, and dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance options. Relocation assistance available.This position will be filled without regard to sex, religion, age, race, color, non-job related disability, national origin, or veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information. Unifrax is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Unifrax, Summerville , Maintenance Mechanic, Engineering , Summerville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!