Shop Equipment Manager
Company: Bartech Staffing
Location: North Charleston
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Job Title: Shop Equipment Manager Location: On-Site- Landson, SC
Hours: Monday-Friday; 730AM-330PM; manager is flexible on start
times Contract role with potential to extend/convert $35-40/hr Job
Summary: Manages, develops, and leads the daily activities of
multiple production teams. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily activities of multiple production
teams including managing team members, housekeeping, and meeting
- Work cross functionally to improve safety, productivity,
quality and efficiency of operations.
- Provides guidance and feedback for team members in
accomplishing tasks and goals; sets expectations and clarifies
- Coaches and mentors team members.
- Identifies training needs; develops and implements training
plans. Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- College, university or equivalent degree, or high school
diploma or equivalent education and significant experience
- Degree in ENG or Manufacturing related Experience:
- Significant level of supervisory experience required.
- 2-3 years of related experience
- familiar with managing hardware and tools
- Experience as a Manufacturing Engineer is a plus!
Qualifications and Competencies
- Team Based Work systems - Production Structure utilizing
consensus decision making process to balance customer, individual
and business needs.
- Understands the team work system at the all levels.
- Able to initiate change in overall team design for optimal
performance and to accommodate changing business environments.
- Leverages knowledge of the team work system to complete complex
projects by effectively drawing upon the skills/assets of those
best suited for the task.
- Labor And Employee Relations - Labor and Employee Relations is
a broad field encompassing all interchanges between employers and
- Possesses a working knowledge of serving as an employee
- Understands the impact of employee relations on unionization,
employee absenteeism and turnover, the potential for litigation,
and credibility between management and employees.
- Implements programs and tools that influence the organizational
culture and ensure fairness and consistent treatment of employees,
consistent feedback mechanisms and communication programs such as
surveys, skip level interviews, employee participation committees,
and communication meetings.
- Has taken part in problem solving procedures, counseling for
issues, and management and supervisor training.
- Fosters Open Communication - Creates an atmosphere in which
timely and high quality information flows smoothly between self and
others; encourages the open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Demonstrated results indicating deep knowledge of fostering
open communication. Expresses reactions and opinions without
- Actively encourages others to express their honest views, even
contrary ones and listens actively to all viewpoints.
- Encourages others to share information in an organized and
- Conducts periodic department or division wide informational
- Develops processes, plans, and schedules to provide relevant
information and obtain feedback from the organization.
- Manage Execution - Assigns responsibilities; delegates to and
empowers others; removes obstacles; allows for and contributes
needed resources; coordinates work efforts when necessary; monitor
- Demonstrated results indicating deep knowledge of managing
- Coordinates performance across regions, teams, and departments
on complex projects and workflows.
- Applies abroad range of planning and monitoring tools.
- Defines planning and review practices that result in few missed
milestones and minimal surprises.
- Effectively delegates to ensure completion of complex projects
- Monitors progress of others and redirects efforts when goals
change or are not met.
- Measures effectiveness of execution through defined metrics and
disciplined monitoring Motivate Others - Encourages and empowers
others to achieve; establishes challenging performance standards;
creates enthusiasm, a feeling of investment, and a desire to
- Demonstrated results indicating deep knowledge of motivating
- Establishes challenging performance standards and communicates
them in a way that creates buy-in.
- Emergency Management and Response - An emergency is any
unplanned event that can cause deaths or significant injuries to
employees, customers or the public.
- An emergency can also be an event that can shut down business,
disrupt operations, threaten the facility's financial standing or
public image, or cause physical or environmental damage.
- Emergency management is the process of preparing for,
mitigating, responding to, and recovering from an emergency.
- Minimum elements for consideration in an emergency management
system are: direction and control, communications (internal and
external), life safety, property protection, community outreach,
recovery and restoration, administration and logistics, emergency
response team, and strategic emergency management committee.
- Understanding of emergency response includes knowledge of
incident command systems, development of a written response plan,
protective equipment, emergency action plans, escape procedures,
reporting procedures, and hazard assessment.
- Understands and applies techniques related to incident command
systems, protective equipment, escape procedures, reporting
procedures, and hazard assessment.
- Incident Investigation - The method of reporting the occurrence
of an occupational injury/illness, near hit, or property
- Incident investigations determine how and why these failures
- Employees should be able to perform a thorough, effective
incident investigation including root cause analysis, 5-why
analysis and development of effective corrective actions. Can lead
an incident investigation and successfully identify the root causes
of the incident.
- Can also successfully lead the corrective action process to
ensure that the root causes are reduced/eliminated in a timely
manner. INDCECA1 Job Location (Additional work locations): Landson,
Keywords: Bartech Staffing, Summerville , Shop Equipment Manager, Executive , North Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!