RN Care Navigator - OB-GYN
Company: Fetter Health Care Network
Posted on: January 8, 2021
POSITION SUMMARYThe OB-GYN RN Care Navigator provides patient
care within the ambulatory setting, utilizing assessment and
teaching skills to assure the provision of accessible, safe and
confidential reproductive healthcare for FHCN patients. The RN
tracks patients at risk, collaborates with providers, performs POC
treatments, administers medications/immunizations, and responds to
the health education needs of patients. The RN provides information
and direction to support the team and staff to assure clinic flow
and that patient needs are met.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES (Included but not limited to the following);
- Provide obstetrical case management to FHCN patients.
Coordinates perinatal through post-partum care with other FHCN
providers and with public and private agencies that provide health
care and social services.
- Collaborate and coach OB case workers to assure consistent
provision of appropriate perinatal and post partum care/ education
and support services.
- Participate in training and monitoring of OB case workers.
- Collaborate with Care Navigators, Providers and Team to improve
clinic flow, patient satisfaction, clinical care, and staff
- Charts and records the information of medication and treatment;
observes patients for deviations from normal behavior
- Prepares patient for provider; greets all patients, obtains
pertinent medical history, obtains chief complaints.
- Triage walk?in Patients.
- Performs specific procedures (reading of vital signs,
weight/height measurements and other diagnostic tests) in
accordance with protocols established by the Medical
- Promotes optimum rehabilitative nursing care for patients.
- Assists Provider and or Nurses with patient examinations and
- Provides assurance/comfort, support to apprehensive
- Answers patient?s questions concerning the center and/or the
treatment he/she is to receive (has received) as needed.
- Discussed patient?s progress and needs with Provider, and/or
other appropriate paraprofessional staff as required.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe, clean therapeutic
environment for the patient.
- Administers routine oral, subcutaneous, and intra-muscular
medications following center policies and procedures.
- Records (procedural) data in medical records and completes
other necessary forms in accordance with established
guidelines/procedures (especially Diabetic work-up and Best Chance
- Complies with Quality Assurance requirements for equipment
prior to use, and tracking for audits, grant and protocols (i.e.
Paps, Mammograms, etc.) as outlined in nursing policies and
- Maintains examination and treatment rooms in orderly condition
and insures that they are kept well stocked with the required
supplies according to current standard operation procedures.
- Collects specimens by proper procedure a ordered and/or
indicated (i.e. urine analysis, blood glucose, etc.).
- Develops and maintain skills to anticipate provider/patient
needs for various visit types and/or procedures.
- Performs other nursing tasks under the direction of the medical
staff.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have graduated from an accredited institution of practical
nursing and one year of practical nursing experience, preferably in
an ambulatory health care setting.
- Must be licensed as a Practical Nurse by the State of South
Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong
- Prefer experience with dressing changes, obtaining EKG's,
triage, use of nebulizer, starting IVs, simple waiver office lab
tests (UA, dextrostick, etc.) or willingness to acquire these
skills within the first six (6) months of employment.
Keywords: Fetter Health Care Network, Summerville , RN Care Navigator - OB-GYN, Healthcare , Summerville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!