Charge Nurse- Operating Room - FT - Charleston Surgery Center
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Location: US-SC-Summerville# of Openings: 1Category: Registered
NurseSystem ID: 11844Overview
Charleston Surgery Center is currently in need of an Charge Nurse -
Our 4 operating room multi-specialty center is a fantastic place to
work and build your career! We provide lunch every Friday,
celebrate birthdays monthly, have quarterly teammate appreciation
events, provide gifts of free PTO, holiday parties and true
More great reasons to join our team:
- Generous Paid Time Off including 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity /adoption benefits
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance - begins on
day 1 of employment
- Employer-paid life and short and long term disability
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
- No holidays, weekends, nights or call
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively organizes time, equipment, supplies, and
- Uses equipment effectively by anticipating patient needs and
providing appropriate care.
- Confirms that proper techniques and procedures are used
according to accepted Standards of Practice and organizational
policies and procedures.
- Assists with the ordering, receiving, and storage of
- Maintains order and cleanliness of the intra-operative
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains surgical services as assigned, in accordance with
written policies and in compliance with various regulatory and
accrediting agencies and is responsible for quality patient
- Assists with the development and monitoring of the standards of
assigned areas pertaining to the operating room, sterilization and
decontamination, and corresponding ancillary areas.
- Responsible for efficient and effective patient care and
- Helps in determining goals for assigned area and effectively
manages resources to achieve the goals.
- Maintains a collegial relationship with physicians to ensure
quality patient care.
- At the direction of the Director of Nursing, maintains an
adequate inventory for assigned area, including but not limited to,
equipment and supplies.
- Assists in recruitment, selection, training, supervision, and
retention of operating room/corresponding ancillary area
- Assists with staffing assigned area and performing daily
- Responsible for fostering an environment that promotes staff
growth and development.
- Supervises and adheres to Surgery Center policies, procedures,
and safety programs.
- Exhibits competency in performing all functions of assigned
area or duties.
- Responsible for other functions as assigned by the Director of
Nursing and/or the Administrator.
Education - Required:
- High School graduate or GED certificate recipient
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Current licensure in the State of South Carolina as a
Registered Nurse or ccmpact license
- Must be current in BCLS
- ACLS/PALS certification within six months of hire date
(applicable to scope of service)
Education - Preferred:
- Computer literacy
- BSN Degree
- Two or more years of charge nurse experience in an ambulatory
surgery center within an operating room of an acute care hospital
or surgery center
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care
Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically
partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems
across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA
operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory
surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with
approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Summerville , Charge Nurse- Operating Room - FT - Charleston Surgery Center, Healthcare , Summerville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!