Field/Remote RN Case Manager Long Island
Company: Vytalize Health
Posted on: January 10, 2022
About Our Company
Vytalize Health is a leading provider of value-based care for
Medicare patients. We power independent primary care practices
through bold financial incentives and smart technology. We are on a
mission to accelerate the world's transition to value-based care by
taking care of the doctors who take care of us. We are the fastest
growing value-based care provider in the country spanning 14 states
and more than 1,000 PCPs.
Visit for more information.
Vytalize Health is currently looking for an experienced
Transitional Care RN Case Manager to coordinate our patients' safe
transition from the hospital or skilled nursing facility settings
to home. They closely collaborate with Hospitalists, acute care
interdisciplinary teams, Post-Acute Care and Primary Care teams to
drive discharge planning and post-discharge care coordination.
Your primary responsibilities will involve work across the
continuum of care: conducting an extensive clinical review of our
hospitalized patients, focusing on identifying/resolving care gaps
and barriers to discharge, working closely with the
interdisciplinary team to create a safe discharge plan, and
communicating the plan to patients and providers. The RN Case
Manager's work will support the goals of preventing ER utilization,
preventing hospital admissions/readmissions, and ensuring safe
transition back to the community with appropriate follow up
appointments and services in place.
The role includes but is not limited to the following clinical and
- Excellent written, verbal and listening abilities.
- Assumes accountability and ability to adapt to changing patient
and/or organizational priorities.
- Ability and willingness to self-motivate, to prioritize and
change processes to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Assumes accountability for the quality of care.
- Ability to manage conflict, stress and multiple simultaneous
work demands in an effective and professional manner.
- Continually seeks new knowledge and learning regarding
transitions of care and utilization management, comprehensive
primary care and chronic disease management.
- Effectively communicates problems, concerns, or issues to the
Team Lead, Supervisor and/or Manager appropriately and
- Update PCP and communicate with family members as needed.
- Collects, tracks, trends, and reports clinical data, as
- Demonstrates knowledge of Transitions of Care requirements and
- Ability to implement the workflows that are specific to Care
- Other duties as required. Job Requirements
- Current unrestricted RN NY Licensure
- Valid Driver's License, own automobile, and auto insurance
- Reside on Long Island within a reasonable distance of select
Catholic Health System Hospitals/Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Remote role, with required travel up to 50% to partner
facilities. - St. Catherine's of Siena Medical Center
- St. James Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center
- Smithtown Center for Rehab and Nursing Care
- St. Charles Hospital
- Mather Hospital
- Minimum 5 years' clinical experience as a Registered Nurse
working in an inpatient setting Medical/Surgical, and/or
- Care/Case Management Experience or comparable clinical
- Certified Case Manager (CCM) preferred.
- Computer literacy, including by not limited to, data entry,
retrieval and report generation.
- Proficient Microsoft Office 365 skills required.
- Ability to work remotely and to work well in a virtual
- Meet technical requirements to work remotely.
- Experience with standard office equipment (phone, fax, copy
machine, scanner, email/voicemail) required. Performance
- Passionate about improving the experiences of patients and
- Communicate effectively with compassion and build trust and
confidence with patients, family/caregiver(s), and the care
- Establish rapport with patients and get them engaged in
preventive care and after care
- Prioritize tasks and work productively, either independently or
with other individuals.
- Highly organized and capable of keeping accurate notes and
- Able to troubleshoot technology issues and navigate multiple
computer programs simultaneously while talking on the phone.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and provides respectful and
professional customer service.
- Acknowledges patient's rights on confidentiality issues and
follows HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
- Maintain a professional workspace.
- Strong attention to detail and focus on process and quality.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary is dependent upon experience.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and additional benefits are
- All IT equipment to work efficiently will be provided.
- Mileage Reimbursement
Keywords: Vytalize Health, Summerville , Field/Remote RN Case Manager Long Island, Healthcare , Summerville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!