QC LAB COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST
Posted on: June 13, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides support for all compliance functions
within the QC Laboratory. The role will work
with QC Lab Management and Quality Assurance in activities
surrounding compliance to corporate policies,
demonstration of compliance internally through Management Review,
and ensure that compliance is demonstrated to
external regulators (FDA, TGA, NSF, and other applicable
agencies/organizations). This role is critical during
audits/inspections for the execution of reviewing and producing
timely objective evidence to show conformity to Thorne
- Works with QC Laboratory Management and Quality Assurance to
ensure that gaps in QC Laboratory procedures and
practices are addressed as needed to be compliant with current and
new/revised standards, regulations, and policies.
- Coordinates QC Laboratory training with QC Laboratory
- Writes and updates QC Laboratory documents (SOPs, WIs, TMs) and
specifications (FPSs and RMSs) as needed.
- Collaborates with Laboratory Management to drive consistency of
intradepartmental practices and consistency with
GLP. This may require the use of discretionary decision-making
and/or collaboration with QC Laboratory
- Works with LIMS Administrator in ensuring changes and updates
to QC Laboratory documents and procedures are
updated in the LIMS.
- Participates in technical advisory roles as needed.
- Demonstrates initiative and job knowledge by suggesting ideas,
discovering new and better ways of accomplishing
goals and finds innovative, well thought-out solutions to
- Adheres to company safety requirements.
- Seeks formal and informal performance assessments, including
performance versus expectations and goals, behaviors,
and leadership potential.
- Actively participates in required training and development
programs and electives as suits one's needs, and support
colleagues, trainers, and management as appropriate with these
- Promotes the Company's Mission and Values, including an
accountable, innovative, and results-oriented culture that
promotes customer service, openness, teamwork, mutual trust, and
- What You Need:
- Education and Experience: By training, education, and/or
experience, must be able to perform the essential duties of
a. B.S. degree in chemistry or science-related field with a minimum
of 12 hours credit in college chemistry is
required. A minimum of 5 years of analytical laboratory experience
is also required.
b. Relevant analytical laboratory experience along with
demonstrated aptitude for carrying out responsible
technical assignmentsis desirable. Technical writing experience and
experience in an FDA regulated
environment is a plus.
- What We Offer:
At Thorne, we offer employees the chance to work with great people
on exciting projects, with opportunity for growth. We also provide
a full range of benefits for you and your eligible family members,
- Competitive compensation
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid short- and long-term disability insurance
- Company- paid life insurance
- 401k plan with employer matching contributions up to
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly allowance of Thorne supplements
- Paid time off, volunteer time off and holiday leave
- Training, professional development, and career growth
- A safe and clean work environment
A little bit more about us.
We are committed to providing personalized health solutions,
cutting-edge home health test technology, and superior supplements.
To do that, Thorne owns every step of its business, from R&D to
product delivery and customer service. Currently, we are:
- The only company with exclusive partnerships with the Mayo
Clinic and U.S. Olympic teams.
- The #1 prescribed practitioner brand to 30 to
- The #2 most dispensed supplement brand.
- The fastest growing supplement company with sales on Amazon;
the #1 practitioner brand; with an average ranking of 4.42 of 5
If you want to make a difference in the lives of others consider
becoming part of the Thorne team.
THORNE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Thorne, Summerville , QC LAB COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST, Healthcare , Summerville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!