Stepdown Registered Nurse PRN
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: November 15, 2022
Description IntroductionSummerville Medical Center is committed
to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more
efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered
care? Submit your application for Stepdown Registered Nurse PRN
position and spend more time at the bedside with the
patient.BenefitsSummerville Medical Center offers a total rewards
package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of
our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether
you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role,
shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver
clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case
management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at
Summerville Medical Center!Job Summary and QualificationsIn
collaboration with the patient, the patient's family, and other
members of the health care team, the Progressive Care Unit
Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, evaluating,
planning, implementing, and coordinating a treatment plan and
achieving the goals of the nursing department. You serve as a key
position of the interdependent team, and hold responsibility for
achieving positive patient and department outcomes. What you will
do in this role:
- You will monitor cardiac and other critical vital signs and
detect any changes, thereby enabling intervention of
life-threatening or emergency situations.
- You will respond to Code Blue within the facility and initiate
protocol, special procedures and cardiac monitoring.
- You will manage efficient flow of patients including screening,
preparation for exam, providing general nursing care, and arranging
or testing and admissions.
- You will instruct patients and families regarding medications
and treatment instructions.
- You will maintain and review patients' records including
posting tests and examination results.
- You will administer medications in accordance with physician
- You will check rooms daily for necessary supplies.
- You will respond to and refer incoming telephone calls (may
include phone triage when needed).What qualifications you may need:
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing:
Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you
practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red
Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red
Cross Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Health Care Provider is
preferred and required to be obtained within 6 months of
- Prior acute care Registered Nurse experience preferred
Summerville Medical Center is a 120+
bed hospital with a 24-hour emergency room and comprehensive
medical services. The facility enjoys an enviable reputation for
its cardiac services, pediatrics and women's service, including
"home-like" birthing suites. Surgical services offered include
orthopedic, reflux, robotic and weight loss surgeries. Summerville
Medical Center is a five-star recipient for cardiovascular,
neurosciences, critical care and patient safety outcomes according
to a study released by Healthgrades, the leading online resource
for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals. This
achievement is part of new findings and data featured in the
Healthgrades 2019 report to the Nation. The city of Summerville is
where charm and southern hospitality blend gracefully with a modern
and progressive atmosphere. Summerville, SC is rich in history with
a focus on economic development that preserves the past while
building for the future. Summerville is recognized as a nurturing
community, where children can grow and develop. Minutes from
historical Charleston and the beaches, our world-class sports
venues and superior schools make Summerville truly a special place
to work, live and play.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the
delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other
uncompensated expenses."Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000
sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on
patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a
healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive Join a family
that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing
candidates for our Stepdown Registered Nurse PRN opening. Apply
today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.We
are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Summerville , Stepdown Registered Nurse PRN, Healthcare , Summerville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!