PCU ICU Training RN
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Description IntroductionAre you looking for a place to deliver
excellent care patients deserve? At Summerville Medical Center we
support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a PCU
RN and access programs to assist with every stage of your
career.BenefitsSummerville Medical Center offers a total rewards
package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of
our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses
throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of
nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a
majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research
College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational
facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and
more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today
for our PCU RN opening and continue to learn!Job Summary and
QualificationsIn collaboration with the patient, the patient's
family, and other members of the health care team, the Progressive
Care Unit Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing,
evaluating, planning, implementing, and coordinating a treatment
plan and achieving the goals of the nursing department. You serve
as a key position of the interdependent team, and hold
responsibility for achieving positive patient and department
outcomes.What you will do in this role:
- You will monitor cardiac and other critical vital signs and
detect any changes, thereby enabling intervention of
life-threatening or emergency situations.
- You will respond to Code Blue within the facility and initiate
protocol, special procedures and cardiac monitoring.
- You will manage efficient flow of patients including screening,
preparation for exam, providing general nursing care, and arranging
or testing and admissions.
- You will instruct patients and families regarding medications
and treatment instructions.
- You will maintain and review patients' records including
posting tests and examination results.
- You will administer medications in accordance with physician
- You will check rooms daily for necessary supplies.
- You will respond to and refer incoming telephone calls (may
include phone triage when needed).What qualifications you may need:
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing:
Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you
practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red
Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red
Cross Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Health Care Provider is
preferred and required to be obtained within 6 months of
- Prior acute care Registered Nurse experience
preferredSummerville Medical Center is a 120+ bed hospital with a
24-hour emergency room and comprehensive medical services. The
facility enjoys an enviable reputation for its cardiac services,
pediatrics and women's service, including "home-like" birthing
suites. Surgical services offered include orthopedic, reflux,
robotic and weight loss surgeries.
Summerville Medical Center is a five-star recipient for
cardiovascular, neurosciences, critical care and patient safety
outcomes according to a study released by , the leading online
resource for comprehensive information about physicians and
hospitals. This achievement is part of new findings and data
featured in the Healthgrades 2019 report to the Nation.
The city of Summerville is where charm and southern hospitality
blend gracefully with a modern and progressive atmosphere.
Summerville, SC is rich in history with a focus on economic
development that preserves the past while building for the future.
Summerville is recognized as a nurturing community, where children
can grow and develop. Minutes from historical Charleston and the
beaches, our world-class sports venues and superior schools make
Summerville truly a special place to work, live and play.HCA
Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. HCA
Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery
of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist,
HCA Healthcare Co-FounderIf growth and continued learning is
important to you, we encourage you to apply for our PCU RN opening.
Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified
candidates will be contacted for interviews.Unlock the
possibilities apply today!We are an equal opportunity employer and
value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis
of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Summerville , PCU ICU Training RN, Healthcare , Summerville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!