Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you have the career opportunities as
an ICU RN you want in your current role? We invest in what matters
most to nurses like you - at home, at work, and at every stage in
your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join
Summerville Medical Center which is a part of the nation's leading
provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.BenefitsSummerville
Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the
health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The
available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the
forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human
life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a
voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils,
vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our
multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at
Summerville Medical Center!Job Summary and QualificationsIn
collaboration with the patient, the patient's family, and other
members of the health care team, the Critical Care Registered Nurse
is responsible for assessing, evaluating, planning, implementing,
and coordinating a treatment plan and achieving the goals of the
nursing department. You serve as a key position of the
interdependent team, and hold responsibility for achieving positive
patient and department outcomes.What you will do in this role:
- You will understand patients with critical illness and vent
management. You will have the ability to respond to Code Blue
within the facility and initiate protocol, special procedures and
- You will manage efficient flow of patients including screening,
preparation for exam, providing general nursing care, and arranging
or testing and admissions
- You will instruct patients and families regarding medications
and treatment instructions
- You will maintain and review patients' records including
posting tests and examination results
- You will administer medications in accordance with physician
- You will check rooms daily for necessary supplies
- You will respond to and refer incoming telephone calls (may
include phone triage when needed)What qualifications you may need:
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing:
Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you
practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red
Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red
Cross Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Health Care Provider is
preferred and required to be obtained within 6 months of
- Prior acute care Registered Nurse experience preferred
Summerville Medical Center is a 120+
bed hospital with a 24-hour emergency room and comprehensive
medical services. The facility enjoys an enviable reputation for
its cardiac services, pediatrics and women's service, including
"home-like" birthing suites. Surgical services offered include
orthopedic, reflux, robotic and weight loss surgeries.
Summerville Medical Center is a five-star recipient for
cardiovascular, neurosciences, critical care and patient safety
outcomes according to a study released by Healthgrades, the leading
online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and
hospitals. This achievement is part of new findings and data
featured in the Healthgrades 2019 report to the Nation.
The city of Summerville is where charm and southern hospitality
blend gracefully with a modern and progressive atmosphere.
Summerville, SC is rich in history with a focus on economic
development that preserves the past while building for the future.
Summerville is recognized as a nurturing community, where children
can grow and develop. Minutes from historical Charleston and the
beaches, our world-class sports venues and superior schools make
Summerville truly a special place to work, live and play.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the
delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other
uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital.
People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If this opportunity is your next step in
your career path, we encourage you to apply for our ICU RN opening.
We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted
by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Summerville , ICU RN, Healthcare , Summerville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!