RN Ambulatory Care PRN
Company: Summerville Medical Center
Posted on: January 7, 2019
Is your current role providing you the level of challenge and fulfillment you are looking for? If not, consider the Summerville Medical Center, committed to building a health community across the greater Charleston area and the Lowcountry. The core of our values emanates from our continued focus on improving the health and quality of life for residents in the communities we serve. To accomplish this we aim to identify top talent aligned with our values and dedicated to cultivating our mission. We invite you to learn more about the fantastic opportunity, who we are and how you can join our dynamic team. Summerville Medical Center is a 94-bed HCA hospital system with a 24-hour emergency room and comprehensive medical services. The facility enjoys an enviable reputation for its cardiac services, pediatrics and women's service, including "home-like" birthing suites. Surgical services offered include orthopedic, reflux, robotic and weight loss surgeries. Trident Health has earned recognition as a leader in the delivery of healthcare in the Low Country.
Trident Health is a multi-facility health system located in South Carolina's Lowcountry, and is part of the national HCA healthcare network. Trident is comprised of two acute care hospitals - Trident Medical Center and Summerville Medical Center - and Moncks Corner Medical Center, which provides outpatient medical services and 24/7 Emergency Services. Affiliated with Trident are a number of physician practices that provide family medicine, surgical services and specialty medical care. These quality-focused entities work together to bring excellence in medical and wellness services to residents of the Lowcountry. For the third straight year, The Joint Commission recently recognized Trident as one of the nation's top hospitals for quality and safety. We'd love to hear from you. Come join our team of dedicated professionals that are committed to delivering the best patient care in the world. Why don't you apply now?
Benefits:We offer you a generous compensation package including: competitive pay, paid time off, 401k, medical, dental vision and life insurance, tuition reimbursement and employee stock purchase plan. Qualifications
We are searching for a Registered Nurse for a PRN position in our state-of-the-art Ambulatory Care Center. The Ambulatory Care RN is responsible to the Nursing Director/Charge Nurse for the delivery of quality patient care utilizing the nursing process. Apply your nursing knowledge derived from education and experience as foundation for patient care, communication, and documentation on the unit.
Essential Core Functions:
- Provide quality patient care, in keeping with the philosophy and objectives of the hospital and department.
- Maintain and support the standards of nursing care and practice in order to meet the health care needs of patients, their families and the community.
- Prescribes, delegates and coordinates all nursing care provided to assigned patients and is responsible for meeting all standards associated with performance, nursing practice and nursing care. Position Summary:
Under general supervision, the RN staff nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Trident Health System. In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family and other members of the health care team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and coordinates treatment plans. The Ambulatory Care RN prepares patients for surgery, endoscopy, and interventional procedures. This position also performs Phase II and III recovery and prepares outpatients for discharge. Job may include direct supervision of students at the discretion of the area supervisor. Employee must have the same licensure or have completed the same training to satisfy the requirements of the discipline of the student. Direct supervision means the primary caregiver is readily available to the student throughout the shift. Position Requirements:
- Current State of South Carolina RN License required, or recognized compact licensure (subject to South Carolina State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS certification on hire
- ACLS certification within 6 months of hire
- PAL certification within 6 months of hire
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Experience in ambulatory care preferred
- Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities
- Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal & external customer.
- Effective communication skills; both orally and written. Computer skills needed. Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong problem solving skills. Shift:
- This is a PRN position
- Call rotation required
- Weekend rotation requiredWe are so excited to speak with you about this phenomenal opportunity. Apply to hear more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Summerville Medical Center, Summerville , RN Ambulatory Care PRN, Healthcare , Summerville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!