RN Patient Care Coordinator Labor and Delivery
Company: Summerville Medical Center
Posted on: February 3, 2019
Is your current role providing you the level of challenge and fulfillment you are looking for? If not, consider the Summerville Medical Center, committed to building a health community across the greater Charleston area and the Lowcountry. The core of our values emanates from our continued focus on improving the health and quality of life for residents in the communities we serve. To accomplish this we aim to identify top talent aligned with our values and dedicated to cultivating our mission.
We invite you to learn more about the fantastic opportunity, who we are and how you can join our dynamic team. Summerville Medical Center is a 124-bed HCA hospital system with a 24-hour emergency room and comprehensive medical services. The facility enjoys an enviable reputation for its cardiac services, pediatrics and women's service, including "home-like" birthing suites. Surgical services offered include orthopedic, reflux, robotic and weight loss surgeries. Trident Health has earned recognition as a leader in the delivery of healthcare in the Low Country.
Trident Health is a multi-facility health system located in South Carolina's Lowcountry, and is part of the national HCA healthcare network. Trident is comprised of two acute care hospitals - Trident Medical Center and Summerville Medical Center - and Moncks Corner Medical Center, which provides outpatient medical services and 24/7 Emergency Services. Affiliated with Trident are a number of physician practices that provide family medicine, surgical services and specialty medical care. These quality-focused entities work together to bring excellence in medical and wellness services to residents of the Lowcountry. For the third straight year, The Joint Commission recently recognized Trident as one of the nation's top hospitals for quality and safety.
We'd love to hear from you. Come join our team of dedicated professionals that are committed to delivering the best patient care in the world. Why don't you apply now?
We offer you a generous compensation package including: competitive pay, paid time off, 401k, medical, dental vision and life insurance, tuition reimbursement and employee stock purchase plan.
We are searching for a Registered Nurse Patient Care Coordinator for a full-time, night shift (7p-7a) position on our state-of-the-art Labor and Delivery unit. The Labor and Delivery PCC RN is responsible to the Nursing Director/Charge Nurse for the delivery of quality patient care utilizing the nursing process. Apply your nursing knowledge derived from education and experience as foundation for patient care, communication, and documentation on the unit.
Under the direction of the Nursing Director or Supervisor, the Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for the delivery of quality patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation for the care of coupleting intrapatrum and support couplet care in the L&D areas. There may be other clinical care duties as assigned on an individual basis. The RN is responsible for directing all nursing care for patients based on established clinical nursing practice and federal, state, and local regulations. The RN incorporates knowledge of patient's age specific development and cultural diversity into the plan of care. The RN contributes to quality nursing care through process improvement techniques and multidisciplinary collaboration that demonstrates positive outcomes in the delivery of patient care. Job may include direct supervision of students at the discretion of the area supervisor. Employee must have the same licensure or have completed the same training to satisfy the requirements of the discipline of the student. Direct supervision means the primary caregiver is readily available to the student throughout the shift.
Essential Core Functions:
- Provide quality patient care, in keeping with the philosophy and objectives of the hospital and department.
- Maintain and support the standards of nursing care and practice in order to meet the health care needs of patients, their families and the community.
- Prescribes, delegates and coordinates all nursing care provided to assigned patients and is responsible for meeting all standards associated with performance, nursing practice and nursing care.
- Current unencumbered South Carolina or Multi-state Compact Registered Nurse License
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Certification on hire
- Current ACLS Certification required on hire
- NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation Provider required on hire
- STABLE Certification required on hire
- AWHONN - Fetal Monitor Certification required on hire
- Specialty Certification highly preferred within 3 years of hire
- Graduate of NLN accredited school of nursing
- BSN Preferred
- Experience in Mother Baby preferred and highly desirable candidates with one year of related specialty Level II, Mother/Baby, L/D, Peds will be considered. Must have demonstrated skills and ability to adjust schedule to meet patient and staff needs. Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities. Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal & external customer
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required before hire and Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP) must have upon hire or new graduate obtained within 90 days of hire, and maintains specialty certification as required for specific areas.
- If hired in area with a substantially different clinical knowledge set, the candidate will be expected to demonstrate clinical expertise in the practice area within 6 months to a 1-year time frame.
- Complete the requirements of 90 day probationary
- This is a full time night shift position (7p-7a)
- Weekend and holiday rotation required
We are so excited to speak with you about this phenomenal opportunity. Apply to hear more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Summerville Medical Center, Summerville , RN Patient Care Coordinator Labor and Delivery, Healthcare , Summerville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!