Company: Coastal Pediatric Associates
Posted on: January 14, 2021
Description: Compliance with all OSHA, DHEC and Practice safety
standardsPosition Purpose: Member of the Coastal Pediatric clinical
team that provides excellent patient care and promotes efficient
patient flow. Performs a variety of duties in accordance with
federal, state and local regulations along with established
priorities and procedures of the practice.Essential Duties and
Responsibilities (Include but are not limited to):
- Demonstrates strong skills in patient care advocacy
- Assists providers with patient care, including minor in office
- Accurately performs pediatric vital signs and responds
appropriately to abnormal values
- Accurately documents in the internal EHR and on internal
vaccine and lab logs
- Ensures documentation meets CLIA & COLA requirements
- Accurately performs CLIA waived & COLA lab tests
- Ensures documentation on billing slips are accurate and
correlates with visit documentation to expedite claims
- Respects the privacy of patients by maintaining patient
confidentiality at all times
- Displays full competency with shot records and ensures that all
previous vaccination histories are manually entered into the
internal EHR when needed
- Maintains a working knowledge of current vaccine schedule and
any changes that incur annually to this schedule
- Skilled at setting up for IV administration and performing
venipuncture, finger/heel sticks, and urethral catheterization,
along with other minor, in office procedures as educated
- Attends annual competencies for in office
- Administers vaccines with proper technique, according to the
current vaccine schedule
- Administers medications with accurate calculations, obtaining a
witness when needed
- Attends clinical staff meetings
- Performs tasks for clinical staff/providers as delegated by the
- Performs special projects for the Leadership Team as
- Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively
- Completes all mandatory training as required
- Attends staff meetings as required
- Meets position requirements and performs essential
- Performs other duties as assignedExpectations of all
Employees:Quality and Customer Satisfaction:
- Demonstrates commitment to superior customer experiences with a
- Collaborates with others to coordinate care, resolve concerns,
and address the needs of patients, family members, physicians, and
employees. Interpersonal Skills:
- Always communicates professionally and appropriately.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with all
- Demonstrates behaviors that support and uphold CPA's purpose to
nurture and champion the health of all children and their families
by acting as compassionate, relentless advocate for every patient
and family member.Accountability and Productivity:
- Adheres to all CPA's Policies and Procedures
- Consistently reports to work on time and prepared to perform
duties of the position
- Accepts responsibility for decisions and actions
- Adheres to regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Respects and considers patient rights to privacy and complies
with all HIPAA guidelines for maintaining confidentiality. .
- Medical Assistant certification from an accredited source (CMA,
- Medical Assistant/equivalent coursework required
- High school diploma or equivalent. Knowledge of pediatric
patient care Understanding of pediatric vaccine schedule
Organizational skills with ability to multitask
- Ability to work well with others as a team
- Prior medical practice experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of computer applications. Prior experience
with EMR preferred.
- Ability to speak, read and write effectively.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and
meet deadlines, in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work weekdays. Physical Requirements:The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear. Must have good visual acuity
and ability to verbally communicate. The employee frequently is
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and
reach with hands and arms. The ability to lift, lower, push, pull
and retrieve objects weighing a minimum 5 lbs. frequently.Work
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke free environment.
Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and bodily fluids may
- May at times work under stressful situations.
- ADA Compliant
Keywords: Coastal Pediatric Associates, Summerville , Medical Assistant, Other , Summerville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!