Direct Support Professional / Behavior Support Specialist
Company: Community Options, Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
We are seeking Direct Support Professionals / Behavior Support
Specialists - fantastic opportunity for professional growth, while
making a difference.Pay starts at $14 per hour and requires prior
experience working with behavioral clients.Minimum Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED with 5 years of relevant experience;
OR Associate's Degree with 3 years of relevant experience; OR
Bachelor's Degree with 1 year of relevant experience
- Complete all state and agency required training per state
- Valid driver's license with a satisfactory driving record
- Ability to work individually and with a team to support
individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Ability to establish a comfortable and supportive relationship
with individuals receiving supports
- Ability to exercise good judgment and remain calm in crisis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Additional competency-based training is required for this
- Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) training may be
- Provide direct care to individuals with intellectual and
developmental disabilities tailored to their Individual Support
Plan (ISP)/Person Centered Plan (PCP)
- Assist with daily routines including cleaning, cooking,
feeding, medication administration, and maintaining personal
- Monitor the health and medical needs of individuals and
immediately report any concerns
- Mobilize back-up staff or crisis teams to supplement and
support staff in the home
- Assist with the learning and development of independent and
- Participate with individuals in community, social, and
- Drive individuals to medical appointments and activities in the
- Ensure program documentation and billable records are completed
accurately and timely
- Build a support network for individuals by developing and
maintaining relationships with community members, businesses, and
- Ensure work locations and vehicles are clean and well
maintained to provide a safe environment
- Cooperate with audits, inspections, and investigations
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assignedWhy
- Competitive Insurance Options (Medical, Dental, Vision).
- Paid Holidays-Including a Birthday Holiday!
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Employee Incentive & Discount Programs.
- 403b Retirement Plan.
- Exceptional Career Growth Opportunities.
- Great coworkers/team that support you!If you have any
questions, please don't hesitate to contact the friendly staff at
our office!Phone Number: 843-879-3270If interested, please click
the link below or send resume to: Resumes-CHSC@comop.orgPlease
Visit Our Website to Complete an Online
Application!www.comop.orgCommunity Options is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Community Options, Inc., Summerville , Direct Support Professional / Behavior Support Specialist, Other , Summerville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!