Employee Relations Associate
Company: Charleston County, SC
Location: North Charleston
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Salary: $22.85 - $24.98 Hourly
Location : North Charleston, SC
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: HR208698
Department: Human Resources
Opening Date: 08/10/2023
The Employee Relations Associate will assist higher level Employee
Relations staff with sensitive personnel matters and/or internal
investigations but will not independently handle them.
HIRING HOURLY RANGE: $22.85 - $24.98
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - APPLICATION REVIEW BEGINS IMMEDIATELY
Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Order of Essential Functions does not
indicate importance of functions.)
- Processes employee FMLA requests and ADA requests for
reasonable accommodations; assists with drafting ADA
- Drafts discipline documents, termination letters, and other
Employee Relations documents as needed.
- Updates and maintains Standard Operation Procedures for the
Employee Relations Unit; updates forms and templates.
- Maintains files and shared drives. Maintains and updates
intranet and SharePoint sites that contain Employee Relations
- Serves as a notetaker and coordinator for internal
- Tracks timelines and notifies parties of status in EEOC cases,
investigations, grievances, terminations, and *unemployment
hearings. Coordinates grievances.
- Facilitates the Exit Interview process; conducts exit
- Coordinates all Employee Recognition Programs; serves as the HR
Ambassador for Employee Recognition and Employee engagement; plans
- Assists County supervisors, managers and directors with
employee assistance referrals, monitors visits for mandatory
referrals for compliance purposes.
- Performs other duties or assumes other responsibilities as
apparent or assigned. Minimum Qualifications
- Associate's Degree in Human Resource Management or related
- Two (2) years or more experience in a human resource role
- One (1) year experience handling highly sensitive/confidential
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal, coaching and negotiation skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a
systematic approach to decision making; identify the important
dimensions of a problem, determine potential causes, obtain
relevant information and specify alternate solutions that result in
- Actively support all efforts to increase cooperation,
communication and collaboration between and among co-workers,
departments, and County officials, officials from other
jurisdictions, the business community and the general public.
- Demonstrate sound time-management skills by effectively or
efficiently organizing, prioritizing, and completing multiple
assignments in a timely manner.
- Safeguard confidential information and use it or disclose it
only as expressly authorized or specifically required in the course
of performing specific job duties.
- Respond positively to a work environment that will change
day-to-day, requiring quick departure from and re-organization of
- Display willingness to listen and learn.
- Perform in a self-directed manner.
- Establish clear, open-minded, trustworthy, bias-free and
customer-focused communication to ensure a welcoming and inclusive
environment. Interact effectively, professionally, and
- Relate to routine operations in a manner that is consistent
with existing solutions to problems; to conform to established
policies and procedures.
- Attentive to the County's standards for customer service,
accuracy, quality, efficiency and all County policies and
procedures ensuring that all work performed meets those standards.
Charleston County offers competitive pay and a comprehensive
benefits package to its employees, including but not limited to:
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Optional Life and Disability Insurance
- Optional Medical and Dependent Care Spending Accounts
- Annual and Sick Leave
- Fourteen (14) recognized Holidays
- South Carolina Retirement System (SCRS) State Retirement
- Police Officers Retirement System (PORS - as applicable)
- Optional Deferred Compensation Program
- Longevity and Merit Pay Increases
- Optional Federal Credit Union Membership
- Leadership, Professional and Skill Development Training
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Well-being Program For more information, visit
Keywords: Charleston County, SC, Summerville , Employee Relations Associate, Other , North Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!