Relationship Specialist - PT
Company: Synovus Financial Corp.
Posted on: June 7, 2019
Performs as the front line point of contact for new and existing
retail branch customers, performing both sales and service
functions. The position serves to maximize sales and service
effectiveness by performing in a triage role, greeting and meeting
clients and guiding them to the proper destination that meets their
needs. Operates as a multi-functional team member with the ability
to process transactions, provide optimum service, and consult in an
advisory role to maximize the sales potential of every interaction.
Associate needs to be proficient in retail banking products and
services including depository, lending, and alternative products
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Professionally greets customers in the lobby, on the teller line
or on the phone. Determines and fulfills client needs while
providing an excellent customer experience.
* Provides a differentiated sales dialogue with the client to
analyze, develop and make recommendations based on the assessment
performed. Meets the desired wants of the customer and
correspondingly generates a deeper revenue stream to the
organization by selling financial products and services, and cross
selling into other banking segments.
* Efficiently and accurately processes various service
transactions, to include deposits, check cashing, cash advances,
official checks, money orders, night drop deposits, loan payments,
check reorders, wire transfers, safe deposit access in accordance
with policies and procedures of the bank.
* Able to succinctly transition a client from a service request to
a sales conversation, as well as a service request to a
demonstrated self-serve or assisted self-serve transaction. Assists
and educates customers on the use of Synovus self-service and
e-channel options including ATM, On Line Banking and Mobile
* Opens and processes new depository accounts including checking
accounts and savings instruments, as well as orders debit and
credit cards, opens online banking and other banking products and
services based on customer needs.
* Proficient in assisting clients with consumer and small business
lending activities, including maintaining knowledge of credit
products, interviewing applicants, identification of appropriate
products, taking applications, and closing basic loan requests.
* Demonstrates sound knowledge of the various lines of business
within the company such as mortgage, private wealth management and
merchant services to actively market bank products and
* Identifies cross selling opportunities through customer
profiling, using needs-based assessments, referring customers to
other Synovus partners to optimize the customer relationship as
appropriate. Efficiently schedules customer and prospect
appointments either through initial contact, or through follow-up
phone calls, emails or mailings.
* Successfully conducts outbound phone calls to customers and
prospects for relationship expansion, new acquisition and other
related activities with consistency. Enthusiastically supports
sales campaigns and bank initiatives.
* Responsible for achieving assigned monthly sales goals and
* Works with branch leadership to ensure appropriate lobby
* Adheres to operational controls, including legal, corporate and
regulatory procedures, to ensure the safety, security, and
confidentiality of customer and bank information.
* Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their
functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures,
laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role.
Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected
violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely
* Performs other related duties as required.
* Achieving Goals: Focuses efforts on results that matter; builds
enthusiasm for the organization's goals; demonstrates a passion for
producing top quality work; handles high priority tasks with a
sense of urgency.
* Communicating: Communicates clearly and effectively in a concise
and straightforward manner; adapts communication style to the
audience and situation; openly shares information and keeps people
updated; listens patiently and asks questions to clarify others'
point of view.
* Customer Focus: Demonstrates a passion for exceptional customer
service; anticipates and responds to changing customer needs; leads
others to deliver outstanding customer service; champions company
standards associated with superior customer service.
* Interpersonal Skills: Connects personally and respectfully with
others; relates well to all kinds of people, builds appropriate
rapport; leverages the knowledge and skills of others.
* Initiative: Is personally committed to and actively works to
continuously improve him/herself; delegates effectively and to the
right level; understands that different situations and levels may
call for different skills and approaches; self starter to seize
opportunities as they arise.
* Job Knowledge: Shares knowledge willingly with others;
demonstrates insight into the industry, the market, and
competitors; demonstrates a strong work ethic and high
* Time Management: Uses own time effectively; values time; sets
priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity;
focuses on highest impact issues/activities; respects time of
* Adapting to Change: Remains flexible and open to new ways of
working; keeps an upbeat attitude, even in challenging or stressful
situations; can effectively cope with change; can shift gears
comfortably; shows willingness to learn new methods, procedures, or
The information on this description has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in
the workplace. Minimum Education: High school diploma or
equivalent; college degree preferred
Minimum Experience: One (1) year job-related experience, preferably
in a banking, sales or customer service environment. May consider
relevant college-related programs in lieu of job experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* PC proficiency - strong computer skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication and grammar skills
* Professional appearance and demeanor
* Strong aptitude for consultative selling; prior sales and
customer service experience
* Ability to learn bank products and services
* Problem solving skills
* Ability to adhere to company dress code
* Certification(s): This position requires successful registration
and issuance of a unique identification number from the Nationwide
Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) in compliance with the Secure and
Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE ACT).
Registration must be accomplished within an established timeframe
after initial employment and includes a nationwide finger print
Keywords: Synovus Financial Corp., Summerville , Relationship Specialist - PT, Other , Summerville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!