Mechanical Maintenance Supvervisor
Company: James Hardie
Posted on: January 4, 2022
The Maintenance Supervisor provides direction, coordination, and
support for the daily execution of the maintenance crews operating
plan. Working with the Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Engineer,
Planner, Maintenance Technicians, Operations, and Safety, the
Maintenance Supervisor drives department productivity and quality
of workmanship for the purpose of increasing overall availability
and reliability of equipment. As a leader of the Maintenance
Department, the Maintenance Supervisor reports to the Maintenance
Implements strategic vision for maintenance and reliability to
correct, coordinate, and support plant maintenance functions by:
- Developing and implementing plans to reduce breakdowns, improve
planned maintenance, optimize scheduled maintenance, and
effectively execute down-day events;
- Maintaining the facility in a safe manner and to a standard
level of equipment availability;
- Reviewing and observing the work of the maintenance employees
and directing development/training requirements;
- Managing all maintenance wash up days;
- Participating in the wash up day planning, half-time, and
- Incorporating plant delay items into weekly wash ups;
- Maintaining close contact with Maintenance Manager to ensure
maintenance activities occur with minimal disruption to production
- Driving the analysis of all electrical and mechanical down time
incidents to root cause;
- Communicating individual, department, plant, and corporate
performance to the maintenance technicians;
- Recommending and implementing improvement in maintenance and
operational procedures; and
- Touring the plant and all facilities to interact with
production, quality, safety, and maintenance to help drive cultural
change and to ensure appropriate work is being performed and
customers needs are being meet.
Provides leadership to the Maintenance Technicians by driving the
development, implementation, and sustainability of a predictive and
preventative maintenance system by: (25%)
- Performing and maintaining the work flow process (work
identification, planning, scheduling, execution, and
- Leading the continual improvement and integration of the
computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) into the
maintenance and production work system;
- Capturing and recording necessary equipment and material
- Reviewing previous days work packages to check for follow up
work and to ensure work orders are correctly closed out;
- Providing accurate man-hours for each wash up day, by craft, to
facilitate decision-making; and
- Working with storeroom personnel to ensure the Company has the
right parts, at the right price, when the part is needed.
Manages career development and training for the maintenance
department by: (10%)
- Ensuring technicians remain proficient with advancing
- Evaluating skill sets of technicians as compared to operational
and maintenance needs of the plant; and
- Developing and completing action plans to eliminate any
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be
construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
The Maintenance Supervisor balances priorities, manpower, material,
and equipment availability to improve department and individual
efficiency and performance.
The Maintenance Supervisor provides leadership, mentoring, and has
supervisory responsibility for all Maintenance Leads and
Scope Of Position
The Maintenance Supervisor directs, coordinates, and supports all
maintenance and facilities activities. These duties include
electrical, mechanical, lubrications, safety, engineering, Research
& Development (R&D), and reliability functions. The Maintenance
Supervisor works with the Planner and Maintenance Engineer to
provide the best possible tools and programs to all Maintenance
Technicians. Working with the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance
Supervisor drives the Maintenance Department to increase
reliability and availability of equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated advanced skills with the standard features of
various personal computer word processing and spreadsheet software
(Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, and other
- Strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills with
the ability to relate well and cooperate with others to effectively
coordinate activities and accomplish goals.
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to detail and continual
diligence about follow-up.
- Strong desire to learn.
- Well organized with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to lead and be a part of cross functional
- Knowledgeable of root cause and fault tree analysis
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound judgment, problem solving and critical thinking
- Ability to manage the flow of all required information and
- Ability to deliver sustainable and superior results.
- Strong electrical and mechanical technical knowledge.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or technical
- 3 or more years maintenance supervision experience in a
continuous operating (24/7) manufacturing environment.
- 1 or more years of experience planning/scheduling through
- Experience working with a CMMS.
James Hardie is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things,
or as a qualified individual with a disability. Equal Employment
Opportunity is the law.by Jobble
Keywords: James Hardie, Summerville , Mechanical Maintenance Supvervisor, Professions , Summerville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!