Diesel Technician II
Company: Knights Companies Inc
Posted on: January 4, 2022
Knight's Companies is seeking an experienced Diesel Technician II
for our Summerville maintenance shop to perform repairs and
periodic maintenance on our fleet and equipment. Qualified
candidates must have a working knowledge of hydraulics, brakes and
tires. Experience in CAT, Cummins and Detroit Diesel engines a
plus. Valid driver's license required; CDL preferred.Duties:
- Change and repair tires per manufacturer specifications.
- Perform oil and filter services on automobiles, concrete
trucks, tractor trailers, front end loaders, and various types of
- Diagnose and repair minor to mid-level electrical issues of
equipment lights, switches, etc. on affected trucks and
- Diagnose and repair minor to mid-level mechanical issues on
affected trucks and equipment.
- Test power and hydraulic systems to ensure operation per
- Complete required lubrication and greasing of all wear items on
affected trucks and equipment.
- Diagnose and repair wheel bearings, hub assemblies, and seals
on steer and drive axles.
- Remove and repair universal and slip joints, and support
bearings on drive shafts.
- Diagnose and repair air and hydraulic brake systems and
pressurized water systems.
- Assist Diesel Technicians III with more advanced repairs.
- Use pressure washer to maintain cleanliness of the
- Maintain clean and organized work area.
- Follow repair order directions.
- Complete write up and provide accurate description or repairs
made and parts utilized in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Shop Foreman to maintain positive work flow
throughout the Shop.
- Provide guidance and assistance to level I Diesel Technicians
- Follow company-assigned safety policies and procedures without
- Perform other duties as assigned..
- Auto or diesel technology diploma from an accredited technical
school preferred OR
- Minimum of 4 years' experience performing maintenance or
- ASE Certifications preferred.
- Commercial Driver's License Class A or B preferred.
- Ability to operate a manual transmission vehicle to determine
if operating properly.
- Must provide own hand tools & toolbox.
- Knowledge of hand held scan tools and the process of diagnosing
- Ability to read schematics and familiarity with the
- Proficient computer skills: knowledge of Excel, Word, Fleet
Management Systems, and Email
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (documentation,
communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)Physical Demands:
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. from floor to waist
- Ability to carry minimum of 50 lbs. over a 5-foot span.
- Ability to push / pull a minimum of 50 lbs. across a 10-foot
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20 lbs. from waist to
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to bend or twist body without restriction.
- Ability to kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to work in extreme weather, including but not limited
to high heat, low temperature, and high sun environments.Drug free
workplace / Equal Opportunity EmployerPM21
Keywords: Knights Companies Inc, Summerville , Diesel Technician II, Professions , Summerville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!