SHIPPING MATERIAL HANDLER - 1st Shift
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Shipping Material Handler - 1st shift- with required
We are looking for top of market talent to help grow and innovate
our company. If you are someone who embraces challenge, fosters
innovation, and desires to make a difference in the world, then
At Thorne we make products that matter - ones that make people's
lives better. Each day begins with a mission to help others
discover and achieve their best health. We count on our team
members to challenge and push the boundaries to make that happen.
As a Thorne Material Handler, you'll be joining a team of more than
350 passionate individuals committed to our cause of providing
superior health solutions.
The Shipping Material Handler follows established Distribution or
California Distribution Department procedures and performs specific
duties based on the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and
current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) for the Distribution
A day in the life of a Material Handler at Thorne requires:
* Becomes knowledgeable of the applicable provisions of the
Distribution or California Distribution Department's
Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) and current Good Manufacturing
Practices (cGMPs) and follows them.
Employee remains knowledgeable on an ongoing and timely basis as
changes in the SOPs and cGMPs occur.
* Is at work as scheduled, starts work at the beginning of a shift,
is on time to meetings, completes assigned tasks in a
timely manner, and works overtime as required.
* Knows and follows the Distribution or California Distribution
Department policies and procedures and Thorne
Research policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee
* Pays attention to detail, complete paperwork accurately, neatly
* Becomes cross-trained and willingly works in different areas as
* Gets along with co-workers and supervisors. Respond appropriately
to criticism and instructions from supervisors
* Follow the Standards of Conduct as outlined in the latest version
of the Thorne Research Employee Handbook.
* Pick a wide variety of orders accurately and quickly, following
all company procedures.
* Maintains order integrity while efficiently emptying carts,
pallets, and packing orders in a neat manner.
* Accurately and efficiently pulls product for restock of
distribution center and demonstrates attention to detail (for
example, making sure you are pulling the right product and lot
* Accurately and efficiently builds and shrink wraps pallets for
* Develops and delivers on assigned objectives within requested
* Possesses good interpersonal skills.
* Engages others in a positive manner
* Possesses strong attention to detail.
* Possesses strong verbal and communication skills.
* Raises issues and concerns promptly.
* Documents and presents work in a clear and concise manner.
* Is consistent in their work, follows through with their work and
sees projects or daily responsibilities through to a
satisfactory end without supervision.
* Observes the daily flow of the department and determines which
job duty has priority
EXPERIENCE / COMPETENCIES / PROFICIENCIES
* Experience and/or Education: By training, education and/or
experience, employee must be able to perform the
essential duties of the job. High school diploma or general
education degree (GED) is preferred.
* Language Ability: Employee is able to read and understand written
directions in English, including Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs), current Good Manufacturing Practices
(cGMPs), and the Thorne Research Employee
Handbook. The employee follows instructions, both verbal and
written, and communicates effectively with
supervisors and fellow employees.
* Math Ability: Employee has the ability to add, subtract,
multiply, and divide in the units of measurement used in the
Distribution or California Distribution Department, using whole
numbers and decimals.
* Reasoning Ability: Employee is able to sufficiently concentrate
to distinguish between 300+ product codes and
individual product lot numbers every time a product is pulled.
Employee is able to determine the most suitable
packaging material and filling of a package in preparing customer
orders for shipment.
* Computer Skills: Demonstrates proficiency in the use of the
equipment and software required to accomplish the
responsibilities of the position.
* Must be able to work an entire 8-, 10-, or 12-hour shift, when
necessary, while standing.
* Must be able to work in a stationary position as well as move
* Must be able to safely and carefully operate and use assigned
equipment and machinery.
* Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as circumstances
arise during the course of a shift.
* Must be able to operate, activate, use, prepare, and clean
equipment, occasionally grasping with force and using
twisting wrist movements.
* Must be able to hear and converse with mangers/supervisors and
* Must be able to see and read small print.
* Must be able to work in a moderate noise level environment.
* Must be able to move or lift items weighing up to 50 pounds
unassisted from table or pallet and back to floor, often
repetitively during an 8-, 10-, or 12-hour shift. Employee is
required to have assistance from a fellow employee when
lifting or moving items over 50 pounds from table or pallet and
back to floor, often repetitively, during an 8-, 10, or
* Must have sufficient range of motion with arms and hands to reach
overhead and to the side, often repetitively, during
an 8-, 10-, or 12-hour shift.
Must be able, on occasion, to ascend/descend a ladder while
carrying up to 20 pounds of materials.
What We Offer
At Thorne, we offer employees the chance to work with great people
on exciting projects, with opportunity for growth. We also provide
a full range of benefits for you and your eligible family members,
* Competitive compensation
* 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Company-paid short- and long-term disability insurance
* Company- paid life insurance
* 401k plan with employer matching contributions up to 4%
* Gym membership reimbursement
* Monthly allowance of Thorne supplements
* Paid time off, volunteer time off and holiday leave
* Training, professional development, and career growth
* A safe and clean work environment
A little bit more about us.
We are committed to providing personalized health solutions,
cutting-edge home health test technology, and superior supplements.
To do that, Thorne owns every step of its business, from R&D to
product delivery and customer service. Currently, we are:
* The only company with exclusive partnerships with the Mayo Clinic
and U.S. Olympic teams.
* The #1 prescribed practitioner brand to 30 to 40-year-olds.
* The #2 most dispensed supplement brand.
* The fastest growing supplement company with sales on Amazon; the
#1 practitioner brand; with an average ranking of 4.42 of 5
If you want to make a difference in the lives of others consider
becoming part of the Thorne team.
Employment is contingent on satisfactory results from a drug
screening, background and reference checks, an assessment test, and
a physical examination.
"Please be advised that Thorne Research manufactures nutritional
supplement products that can include ingredients that are derived
from possibly allergenic raw materials, including but not limited
to nuts, soy, dairy, fish, and shellfish."
THORNE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Thorne, Summerville , SHIPPING MATERIAL HANDLER - 1st Shift, Professions , Summerville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!