Mid-level IT Service Technician
Company: Govcio LLC
Location: North Charleston
Posted on: September 6, 2023
Overview: GovCIO is currently hiring for a Mid-level IT Service
Technician to provide onsite support to our federal customer . This
position will be located in North Charleston, SC and will be an
Responsibilities: The employee is part of a team that provides
support for all onsite IT activities. They consult with support
teams, help desks, customers and other technical staff in the
resolution of problems. They coordinate and perform operation
and/or maintenance activities for networks/servers. They identify
recurring problems and recommends steps to reduce the severity or
frequency of problems. They install, troubleshoot and maintains an
extensive variety of products and equipment. They deliver services
and solutions in technical support, systems refresh, software
integration, and operations support. They identify, analyze, and
repair product failures, and order and replace parts as needed.
They provide onsite training of customer support personnel. Other
specific duties include the following:
- Provides on-call support by identifying, researching and
resolving technical problems received via the ServiceNow ticketing
- Interacts with network services, software systems engineering,
and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify
and correct core problems.
- Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems.
- Performs routine system maintenance and analysis functions,
including hardware configurations and adding, removing and
replacing equipment components.
- Installs operating system patches, upgrades etc. via SCCM
- Provides remote support services for telework/home users.
- Helps ensure user applications work over VPN and/or
- Manages user relocation requests
- Ensure devices are properly encrypted.
- Local On-Site Cabling
- Provides on-site support for enterprise groups such as the
network and security operation centers.
- Restarts network equipment, including switches and routers as
directed by enterprise networking.
- Replaced defective network equipment.
- Wireless Services
- Assists users with mobile communication devices.
- Provides tier 2 support, including but not limited to hardware
troubleshooting, OS reinstall, and assisting with device
- Asset Inventory Support
- Assists with physical inventory as needed.
- Assists with receiving and receipting property.
- Disposal Preparation Support
- Process computer equipment for disposal.
- Ensure disposal policies are properly employed.
- Ensures all devices are are fully wiped of information before
leaving the facility.
- Video Conferencing and Audio/Video O&M
- Troubleshoot system problems and repairs
- Work with support staff for remote troubleshooting and
- Assist in setting up presentation devices and video
- Support pre/post application releases
- Gather analyze, and report end-user support trends
- Other duties as assigned Qualifications: High School with 2-5
years (or commensurate experience)
Required Skills and Experience
- US Citizen
- High degree of technical proficiency
- Excellent problem-solving skills and analytical abilities
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Minimum 6 months' experience troubleshooting Apple Macintosh
software and hardware in a customer service role
- Certification in Microsoft Operating Systems
- Familiarity with SCCM remote resolution and with using SCCM to
remotely complete software installation
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Server+
- CompTIA Security+ Clearance Required: Public Trust
Must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust Clearance.
Company Overview: GovCIO is a team of transformers people who are
passionate about transforming government IT. Every day, we make a
positive impact by delivering innovative IT services and solutions
that improve how government agencies operate and serve our
But we can't do it alone. We need great people to help us do great
things - for our customers, our culture, and our ability to attract
other great people. We are changing the face of government IT and
building a workforce that fuels this mission. Are you ready to be a
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability, or status as a protected
veteran. EOE, including disability/vets.
Posted Pay Range
The posted pay range, if referenced, reflects the range expected
for this position at the commencement of employment, however, base
pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors,
including market location, job-related knowledge, skills,
education, experience, and internal equity. The total compensation
package for this position may also include other compensation
elements, to be discussed during the hiring process. If hired,
employee will be in an "at-will position" and the GovCIO reserves
the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary
payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons
related to individual performance, GovCIO or individual
department/team performance, and market factors.
Posted Salary Range: USD $21.00 - USD $21.40 /Hr.
Keywords: Govcio LLC, Summerville , Mid-level IT Service Technician, Professions , North Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!