Sr Building Service Technician
Company: The Auto Club Group
Location: North Charleston
Posted on: November 16, 2023
It's a great time to join AAA The Auto Club Group! JOIN THE TEAM
COMMITTED TO DRIVING YOUR CAREER FORWARD Job Type: Full time
Exempt/Non Exempt: Hourly Job Description: Primary Duties and
Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions): The Senior
Building Service Technician at Fins Car Wash is responsible for
maintaining a 100% uptime for the car wash facility. This includes
executing a preventive maintenance program, identifying issues
proactively, and performing timely repairs on car wash equipment
during closed hours. The role demands efficiency, knowledge,
resourcefulness, a strong drive for achieving results, ability to
work alone, and a passion for assisting others. The Senior Building
Technician's key duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate, oversee, and perform maintenance, repairs,
installations, and general upkeep of all Fins Car Wash
- Install, repair, and maintain car wash equipment according to
the maintenance program and work order system. This includes
promptly responding to work order tickets submitted by staff,
documenting the work performed, and ensuring timely completion of
- Generate and submit purchase order requests for necessary
equipment, supplies, and materials, following the designated
purchase order process and adhering to budgetary guidelines.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and perform repairs on all equipment,
including but not limited to electrical motors, components, wiring,
and plumbing systems, and hydraulic systems.
- Utilize heavy equipment such as forklifts, telehandlers, or
bobcats as required.
- Maintain and repair machinery, equipment, and tools.
- Coordinate with staff on maintenance and repair projects,
ensuring effective communication and collaboration.
- Ensure a neat and orderly appearance of Fins Car Wash buildings
and properties through regular cleaning, painting, and minor
- Perform miscellaneous duties including but not limited to
drywall repair, painting, and cleaning. II. Required Qualifications
(these are the minimum requirements to qualify) Education (include
minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
- High school diploma or equivalent Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of industrial maintenance experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Possess and maintain a valid State Driver's License and operate
a motor vehicle safely within company guidelines.
- Strong communication, and interpersonal skills, with the
ability to work effectively in a team.
- Strong active listening to receive detailed information orally
and accurately understand conversations, both in person and on the
telephone. Ability to:
- manage your schedule and time efficiently.
- communicate effectively with others in a work environment.
- process, express, and exchange information orally, in writing,
and through online applications.
- represent ACG in a professional manner when communicating with
- allocate and schedule project resources in efficient
- analyze data to solve problems.
- research, interpret, and communicate regulatory requirements to
management and staffs. III. Preferred Qualifications Education
- Technical certifications or vocational training in relevant
fields (e.g., HVAC, electrical, plumbing, welding) or related
- Hands-on technical knowledge of mechanical, plumbing, and
- Familiarity with basic computer use (Microsoft Word, Excel,
Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, etc.).
- Familiarity with safety regulations and practices. IV. Work
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions and temperature extremes
(approximately 50% of work time).
- Willingness to work frequent and excessive overtime, including
nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Willingness to work outside, under adverse weather conditions,
and in a wet and dirty environment.
- Indoor work consists of a non-climate-controlled building
(approximately 50% of work time).
- Working in loud areas, such as construction sites or
manufacturing facilities, where noise levels exceed standard office
environments. Appropriate hearing protection will be provided to
ensure employee safety and comfort.
- Travel required (approximately 20% of work time) with exposure
to road hazards and multiday trips requiring overnight hotel stays.
Please note: This position is field based and does require travel
to multiple ACG FINS Car Wash facilities for routine maintenance
and duties. The employee's home base location will be located in
Charleston, South Carolina. Address: 691 Long Point Rd. Mount
Pleasant, SC 29464 Total Compensation Overview:
- TheSr. Building Services Technician will earn a competitive
salary of $24.32 to $33.65 hourly with annual bonus potential based
on performance.Excellent and comprehensive benefits packages are
just another reason to work for the Auto Club Group. Benefits
- 401k Match
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement Who We Are Become a part of something
bigger. The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel,
insurance, and financial service offerings to approximately 14+
million members and customers across 14 states and 2 U.S.
territories through AAA, Meemic, and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to
the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in
North America. By continuing to invest in more advanced technology,
pursuing innovative products, and hiring a highly skilled
workforce, AAA continues to build upon its heritage of providing
quality service and helping our members enjoy life's journey
through insurance, travel, financial services, and roadside
assistance. And when you join our team, one of the first things
you'll notice is that same, whole-hearted, enthusiastic advocacy
for each other. We have positions available for every walk of life!
AAA prides itself on creating an inclusive and welcoming
environment of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and viewpoints,
realizing our differences make us stronger. To learn more about AAA
The Auto Club Group visit www.aaa.com Important Note: ACG's
Compensation philosophy is to provide a market-competitive
structure of fair, equitable and performance-based pay to attract
and retain excellent talent that will enable ACG to meet its short
and long-term goals. ACG utilizes a geographic pay differential as
part of the base salary compensation program. Pay ranges outlined
in this posting are based on the various ranges within the
geographic areas which ACG operates. Salary at time of offer is
determined based on these and other factors as associated with the
job and job level. The above statements describe the principal and
essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in
the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained
in the job description for this position, including, but not
limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will
be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable
them to fulfill these requirements. The Auto Club Group, and all
its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status. Regular and
reliable attendance is essential for the function of this job.
Keywords: The Auto Club Group, Summerville , Sr Building Service Technician, Professions , North Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!