Company: Preferred Home Services, LLC
Location: North Charleston
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Job Title: HVAC TechnicianLocation: Charleston, SCCompensation:
$25-$40/hour (based on related work experience) plus
commission.Hire Date: As soon as possible **JOIN OUR TEAM AND WE'LL
PAY YOUR RENT/MORTGAGE! ***We'll pay $1500 towards your rent or
mortgage for 6-months in addition to your hourly wage* Who We
Are**NAMED TOP PLACES TO WORK for the past FOUR years**Preferred
Home Services, a locally owned and operated company, is the highest
rated Plumbing, Electrical, and HVAC company in the Charleston, SC
area. We firmly stand by and practice our mission statement: To
deliver the highest level of home services that customers refer to
family and friends; team members are proud of, and the community
welcomes in its backyard. Why Work for Us? If you want to take
pride in the work you do, be valued for your contributions to the
team effort, have a lasting career, be inspired every day, and have
fun with your colleagues, we are looking for you! You have seen our
bright green trucks in your neighborhoodnow join our team. Job
OverviewHVAC technicians examine faulty equipment, conduct tests
with a variety of devices to locate, diagnose, and isolate issues
that interrupt performance or create hazards. In many cases, HVAC
technicians follow regular maintenance schedules to keep systems
working reliably, but also need to conduct emergency services to
make rapid repairs. This role requires a balance of technical and
mechanical skills, knowledge of HVAC systems and components, and
the ability to provide exceptional customer service in order to
successfully troubleshoot HVAC issues and make necessary repairs.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot HVAC system malfunctions, identifying
the root cause of issues and implementing effective solutions.
- Repair or replace defective components, such as compressors,
motors, fans, thermostats, and valves.
- Test HVAC systems to ensure they are operating efficiently and
in compliance with safety and environmental standards.
- Perform accurate calculations and measurements to determine
equipment sizing, airflow, and refrigerant levels.
- Collaborate with customers to assess their HVAC needs, provide
recommendations, and explain repair or replacement options.
- Document service activities, including work performed, parts
used, and customer interactions, accurately and in a timely
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and safety regulations
at all times.
- Stay up to date with industry advancements, new technologies,
and best practices through ongoing training and professional
development.Desired Skills and Experience:
- EPA Type II Certification preferred.
- Proven experience as an HVAC Technician, with a strong
understanding of HVAC systems, components, and operations.
- Proficient knowledge of HVAC codes, regulations, and safety
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, with the
ability to diagnose complex HVAC issues and implement effective
- Strong technical aptitude and familiarity with HVAC tools,
equipment, and measurement devices.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, taking
initiative and demonstrating a strong work ethic.
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to
communicate technical information clearly and effectively.
- Physical ability to perform the job duties, including lifting
heavy equipment, working in confined spaces, and climbing
ladders.What we offer YOU as a technician:
- A fully equipped take-home work truck/van, gas card
- iPad and iPhone with the latest technology and full support
from our in-house IT experts
- Company uniforms
- Company paid training, coaching, and mentoring to further
professional development including our in-house training
- The best co-workers you can call friends!We solidify the
importance of our team members and go above and beyond with the
Benefits we offer: Health Insurance, Dental and Vision 401(k) with
up to 4% matching Paid Holidays Paid Time Off Life Insurance,
Short-Term Disability & Long-Term Disability, Critical Illness and
Accident Indemnity Employee Referral Program with $1,000 bonus for
qualified positions Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings
Account High school diploma or GED. Physically able to work on HVAC
units. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. at a time. Valid SC
driver's license and a safe driving record. Authorized to work in
the U.S. *Preferred Home Services is an Equal Opportunity
Employer.Compensation details: 25-40 Hourly
Keywords: Preferred Home Services, LLC, Summerville , HVAC Technician, Professions , North Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!