Field Service Technician - Non CDL
Company: Blanchard Machinery Company
Posted on: November 29, 2018
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Contributes to a positive work environment and promotes the vision, mission and values of BMC.
- Completes all job responsibilities in a safe manner, promotes and champions a safe and healthy work environment.
- Responsibilities include maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of all types mechanical and hydraulic- and diesel-powered equipment. Skill-level requirements vary from basic troubleshooting and preventive maintenance to component replacement.
- Maintains, diagnoses and repairs a variety of equipment including; diesel engines, transmissions, drive train components, winches, high pressure pumps, centrifugal pumps, air compressors, microprocessor controls, electro-mechanical equipment, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, gearboxes, PTO's, 12/24v electrical systems, equipment cabs and controls, chassis and suspension, A/C systems etc.
- Responsible for ensuring the duties of their position are performed in a safe, efficient and effective manner.
- Performs inspections required by company.
- Performs basic troubleshooting on electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Installs and/or replaces new or reconditioned repair parts.
- Tests equipment for proper operation.
- Ensures total customer service.
- Requires both shop and field work.
- Shift work, weekends and/or 24 hour call may be required.
- Operates lifting devices.
- Requires basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic circuits/drawings/prints.
- Must complete proper paperwork as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Requires basic working knowledge of equipment operation and associated operating systems
- Ability to use diagnostic equipment (i.e., Cat ET, CAT-SIS)
- Familiarization of electronic cables, connections and sensors.
- Preparing parts requisitions, time cards, part returns, accurate and complete service reports and other necessary reports and forms.
- Maintaining the service truck and equipment carried on the service truck.Qualifications
- High school diploma required.
- 3+ years of experience working on heavy equipment required.
- Must possess a valid S.C. driver's license no more than one moving violation in the past three years.
- Must have a complete set of tools capable of working on heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting techniques and proper repair procedures is required.
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical and hydraulic schematics, operating and maintenance service manuals.
- Organizational and time management skills required. Must have the ability to set and keep priorities and professionally handle the stress associated with dealing with a fast paced industry and deadlines.
- Must be a Team player that is enthusiastic and hard working with the ability to complete work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of interpersonal skills with excellent written and oral communication skills is required.
- Must possess the personal discipline to establish the proper image as a representative of Blanchard with the ability to meet and work with the customer in a professional manner.
Keywords: Blanchard Machinery Company, Summerville , Field Service Technician - Non CDL, Professions , Summerville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!