Front Desk Agent
Company: Avid Hotel- IHG Summerville, SC
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*1st Shift: 7am-3pm*
*2nd Shift: 3pm-11pm*
*MUST BE AVAILABLE BOTH 1ST & 2ND SHIFT WEEKDAYS & WEEKENDS*
Front Desk Agents are responsible for greeting and registering the
guest providing outstanding guest service during their stay and
settling the guest's account upon completion of their stay. Primary
responsibilities include: registering guests making and modifying
reservations hotel operator and concierge duties. Providing
attentive courteous and efficient service to all guests prior to
arrival and throughout their stay while maximizing room revenue and
* High School diploma or equivalent required; College course work
in related field helpful.
* Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
* Possess a positive and upbeat personality with a desire to
deliver outstanding customer service to our guests.
* Demonstrate the ability to multi-task be detail-oriented and be
able to problem solve in order to effectively deal with internal
and external customers.
* Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
* Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of
action quickly and accurately.
* Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
* Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including
anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as
* Must be effective at listening to understanding and clarifying
the issues raised by co-workers and guests.
* Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data and basic arithmetic functions.
* Ability to perform numerical operations using basic counting
adding subtracting multiplying and dividing
* Ability to read comprehend and write simple instructions and/or
short correspondence and memos
* Ability to use logic to define the problem collect information
establish facts draw valid conclusions interpret information and
deal with abstract variables for unique or unfamiliar
* An operational knowledge of Microsoft Office, PMS Opera, IHG
* Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule
that may include evenings nights weekends and holidays
* Holds an understanding of hotel products and guest services (i.e.
lifestyle full-service resort etc)
* Ability to participate in the creation of an enjoyable work
* Approach all encounters with guests and associates in a friendly
service oriented manner.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which
include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per
* Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in
* Handle requests for information mail and messages in an efficient
and courteous manner.
* Answer guest inquires about hotel service facilities and hours of
* Answer inquiries from guests regarding restaurants transportation
* Establish and maintain good communications and team work with
fellow associates and other departments within the hotel.
* Be aware of all rates packages and special promotions; Be
familiar with all in house groups; Be aware of closed out and
* Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations
and follow rate quoting scenario.
* Have knowledge of and assist in emergency procedures as
* Handle check-ins and check-outs in a friendly efficient and
* Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of
the Front Desk computer system.
* Ensure logging and delivery of packages mail and messages as
needed to guests and meeting rooms.
* As needed deliver guest items such as luggage newspapers messages
packages amenities or other items requested by guests or team
* Maintain an up to date working knowledge of all property
amenities as well as any special events local area attractions and
things to do around the hotel.
* Perform other duties as assigned which may include but is not
limited to the following: helping coworkers in other areas of the
hotel maintaining a clean and organized work area and overall
cleanliness and safety throughout the hotel and grounds.
* Acknowledge Rewards Club members and returning guests, in person
or on the phone.
* Handle cash and credit transactions.
*How do I deliver this?*
*We genuinely care about people and we show this through living out
our promise of True Hospitality each and every day. It's what
connects every colleague in all hotels.*
Each hotel delivers True Hospitality in their own way, and at the
heart of it all are specific, core service skills.
* True Attitude
* True Confidence
* True Listening
* True Responsiveness
* Waiting period may apply
Communication method(s) used:
* In person
Typical end time:
Typical start time:
This Job Is:
* A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $12.00 per hour
All employees and non-vaccinated customers are required to wear a
mask. Common surfaces are sanitized regularly, etc.
* Hotel & Accommodations Guest Services Staff: 1 year
* Hotel experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Avid Hotel- IHG Summerville, SC, Summerville , Front Desk Agent, Sales , Summerville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!